IJCRR - vol 06 issue 07, April, 2014
DESIGN AND EVALUATION OF HEXABAND MICROSTRIP ANTENNA
Author: Ambresh P. A., Sujata A. A., P. V. Hunagund
This paper demonstrate simple, low cost Hexaband microstrip antenna with suitable feeding technique and dielectric substrate for applications in GHz frequency range. The optimum design parameters of the antenna are selected to achieve the improved bandwidth, high gain as well as best possible characteristics such as better radiation pattern, low SWR etc. Designed antenna achieved a bandwidth of 46 % resonating at six different bands between L to Ku band frequency ranges. Effect of slot on the patch is studied experimentally for enhancing the bandwidth. Designed antennas are suitable for L to Ku-band applications of wireless systems. Details of antenna design and results are discussed.
Keywords: Microstrip antenna, Quad band, Rhombus, VNA, Bandwidth.
Ambresh P. A., Sujata A. A., P. V. Hunagund. DESIGN AND EVALUATION OF HEXABAND MICROSTRIP ANTENNA International Journal of Current Research and Review. vol 06 issue 07, April, 86-90
1. I.J. Bahl and P. Bhartia, Microstrip antennas. Artech House: MA; 1981.
2. D. M. Pozar, Microstrip antennas, IEEE, Proc., Vol. 80, pp.79, 1992.
3. H. Cheng-Chi, et al. An aperture-coupled linear microstrip leaky-waveantenna array with two-dimensional dual-beam scanning capability. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation 2000 48: 909-913.
4. K. Gi-Cho, et al. Ku-band high efficiency antenna with corporateseries-fed microstrip array. IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, 2003 4:690-693.
5. Abbaspour-Tamijani and K. Sarabandi. An affordable millimetre wave beam-steerable antenna using interleaved planar subarrays. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation 2003 51:2193- 2202.
6. Boufrioua and A. Benghalia. Effects of the resistive patch and the uniaxial anisotropic substrate on the resonant frequency and the scattering radar cross section of a rectangular microstrip antenna. Aerospace science and technology 2006 10: 217-221.
7. K. C. Lo and Y. Hwang. Microstrip antennas of very high permittivity for personal communications. 1997. 253-256.
8. J. M. Rathod. Design Development of Antenna for TV Transmission for Connecting Outdoor Broadcasts Van to the Studio for Rural Areas. International Journal of Computer and Electrical Engineering 2010 2: 251-256.
9. O. Barkat and A. Benghalia. Radiation and resonant frequency of superconducting annular ring microstrip antenna on uniaxial anisotropic media. Journal of Infrared, Millimeter and Terahertz Waves 2009 30: 1053-1066.
10. L. Choon Sae and T. Kuo-Hua. Radiation efficiency of electrically small microstrip antennas with width discontinuities. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation 2005 53: 871-873.
11. A. Balanis, Antenna Theory Analysis and Design. New York: John Wiley and Sons press; 1982.