IJCRR - Vol 06 Issue 12, June, 2014
AESTHETIC INTERDISCIPLINARY MANAGEMENT OF AGGRESSIVE PERIODONTITIS - A CASE REPORT
Author: Priyanka K. Cholan, P. Ragavi, P. Rajapriya, Mangaiyarkarasi Subramanian
Aggressive periodontitis is a type of periodontal disease and is further classified based on their etiology and pathogenesis as: Localized aggressive periodontitis (LAP) and Generalized aggressive periodontitis (GAP). GAP is characterized by generalized interproximal loss of attachmentinvolving at least three permanent teeth other than firstmolars and incisors. This case report describes the periodontal and the aesthetic management of a patient with generalized aggressive periodontitis.
Keywords: Aggressive periodontitis, flap surgery, implants, smile correction
Priyanka K. Cholan, P. Ragavi, P. Rajapriya, Mangaiyarkarasi Subramanian. AESTHETIC INTERDISCIPLINARY MANAGEMENT OF AGGRESSIVE PERIODONTITIS - A CASE REPORT International Journal of Current Research and Review. Vol 06 Issue 12, June, 64-71
1. Armitage G C. Development of a classification system for periodontal diseases and conditions.AnnPeriodontol 1999;4:1-6.
2. American Academy of Periodontology, “Parameter on aggressive periodontitis,” Journal of Periodontology, 2000:71(5): 867– 869.
3. Fine DH, Markowitz K, Furgang D, Fairlie K, Ferrandiz J, Nasri C, et al. Aggregatibacteractinomycetemcomitans and its relationship to initiation of localized aggressive periodontitis: longitudinal cohort study of initially healthy adolescents. J ClinMicrobiol 2007;45:3859-69.
4. Kinane DF, Shiba H, Hart TC. The genetic basis of periodontitis. Periodontol 2000 2005;39:91-117.
5. M. G. Jorgensen and J. Slots, “Practical antimicrobial periodontal therapy,” Compendium of Continuing Education inDentistry, 2000;21(2):111–124.
6. Roshna Tand Nandakumar K. Generalized aggressive periodontitis and its treatment options:case reports and review of the literature. Case reports in medicine October 2012, Article ID 535321.
7. Jung M H, Park J W, Suh J Y and Lee J M. Clinical case report on treatment of generalized aggressive periodontitis. J Periodontal Implant Sci 2010;40:249-253.
8. Goldstein RE. Esthetics in Dentistry.Philadelphia, PA: JB Lippincott Co 1976:7.
9. Davis N C. Smile Design. Dent Clin N Am 2007;51:299-318
10. Bhuvaneswaran M. Principles of smile design.J Conserv Dent 2010;13:225-32
11. Harry F. Albers. Tooth - colored restoratives: Principles and Techniques, Ninth edition.
12. Goldstein RE. Esthetics in Dentistry.Philadelphia, PA: JB Lippincott Co 1976:7.
13. Chalifoux PR. Anterior porcelain veneers, three-quarter crowns, and full crowns. Contemporary Esthetics and Restorative Practice. 1998;2(1):52-61.
14. Kinsel R P, Capoferri D.Full crowns in the esthetic zone.Dental Dialogue 2005; Volume 5(4). 15. Abbott SJ. Metal-ceramic restorations. Adv Dent Res. 2003;17:55-60.