IJCRR - Vol 06 Issue 14, July, 2014
HE OR SHE- FEMALE PSEUDO HERMAPRODITE- A CASE REPORT
Author: Parvathi S.
An Hermaphrodites\ Intersex individual may have biological characteristics of both the male and the female sexes and whose biological sex cannot be classified as clearly male or female and reproductive or sexual anatomy differs from the typical definitions of either sex. The presence of intermediate or atypical combinations of physical features that usually distinguish Female from Male due to congenital involving chromosomal, morphological, genital and/or gonadal anomalies, such as diversion from typical XX-female or XY-male presentations, e.g., sex reversal (XY female XX -male), genital ambiguity, or sex developmental differences. 1 in 2000 for every births(2,3). While doing supervision ?Suverna Arogya Chetana? –School children health checkup programme comes under NRHM, I found this boy aged about 12yrs studying in 7th standard in governament primary school. School teacher noticed since last 4ys.on examination he has breasts like girls, ambiguous genitalia and menstruating since last 4-6 months. This have been not only a focus of attention of anatomists but also at interest of Genetitians, Embryologists, paediatric endocrinologists, surgeons, physicians, psychiatrists, Forensic experts,socialist because it makes very sensitive issue on the boy?s family and society.
Keywords: Hermoproditism\Intersex ?Suverna Arogya Chetana? Genetitians, NRHM, Embryologists, paediatric endocrinologists, psychiatrists, Forensic experts.
Parvathi S.. HE OR SHE- FEMALE PSEUDO HERMAPRODITE- A CASE REPORT International Journal of Current Research and Review. Vol 06 Issue 14, July, 71-80
1. Intersex from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia –Internet
2. Intersexuality and Body Image--Body Image: Understanding Body Dissatisfaction in Men, Women and ChildrenBy Sarah Grogan page 188-199
3. The Body Project • Bradley University • 1501 W. Bradley Avenue • Peoria, Illinois 61625 (309)6772402begin_of_the_skype_highlightin g(309)6772402FREEend_of_the_skype_highli ghting• email@example.com
4. Forensic medicine and toxicology – Narayanan, page-106-115
5. Ambiguous Genitalia and Intersexuality Author: Joel Hutcheson, MD; Chief Editor: Marc Cendron, MD emedicine.medscape.com/article/1015520- overview
6. Human Genetics –3 rd edition SD Gangane page 86
7. Human embryology-medical genetics 5 THedition–by Asim Kumar Datta, page- 85- 86
8. Human rights for intersexuals--The following essay was written by my daughter, AlthaeaYronwode, and appeared in the March 11, 1999, issue of Synapse, the campus newspaper of the University of Califonia at San Francisco Medical School.
9. Intersex-Sociologists for Women in Society Fact Sheet Prepared by Maura Kelly, Department of Sociology, University of Connecticut Spring 2007.
10. Assessment of Intersex by natfi.org
11. Paeatric Endocrinology -3 rd edition Mark A sperlng, MD page127—163
12. Paeatric Endocrinology; mechanisms, manifestations and management by ora Hirsch pescovitz MD and EricaA Eugester, MD Pages243-254
13. Clinical Paeatric Endocrinology-william Hamilton pages180-188
14. Williams Text book of Endocrinology 10th edition pages 841-968