IJCRR - 7(1), January, 2015
MODELING, ANALYSIS AND OPERATION OF WIND DRIVEN DFIG UNDER UNBALANCE NETWORK VOLTAGE CONDITIONS: A REVIEW
Author: Debirupa Hore, Runumi Sarma
This paper investigates the operation of wind-driven DFIG under unbalance Voltage or unsymmetrical fault condition. According to grid codes worldwide, the wind-driven DFIG are required to supply reactive power during and after the fault. It has been observed that the conventional vector control method used for control of DFIG does not work well during fault conditions. To reduce the oscillations in electromagnetic torque and Stator Active power and to maintain constant DC link Voltage a new control strategy has to be presented. Sequential decomposition of positive and negative sequence currents and controlling it with PI plus proportional Resonant controller is adopted both on Rotor side and grid side converter.The paper presents a development in methodologies for controlling wind driven DFIG during fault ride conditions. In recent year improved control strategy using different Artificial Intelligence-based controllers are used to control the RSC and GSC without sequence decomposition.
Keywords: Wind turbines, Rotor side converter, Doubly fed induction generator, Low-voltage ride-through
Debirupa Hore, Runumi Sarma. MODELING, ANALYSIS AND OPERATION OF WIND DRIVEN DFIG UNDER UNBALANCE NETWORK VOLTAGE CONDITIONS: A REVIEW International Journal of Current Research and Review. 7(1), January, 01-08
1. GeevMokryani, Pierluigi Siano, Antonio Piccolo, and Vito Calderaro “A Fuzzy Logic Controller to Increase Fault RideThrough Capability of Variable Speed Wind Turbines”Hindawi Publishing Corporation Applied Computational Intelligence and Soft Computing Volume 2012, Article ID 405314.
2. Theodoros D. Vrionis, Xanthi I. Koutiva, and Nicholas. A. Vovos, “A Genetic Algorithm-Based Low Voltage RideThrough Control Strategy for Grid Connected Doubly Fed Induction Wind Generators” IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER SYSTEMS, VOL. 29, NO. 3, MAY 2014. pp 1325- 1334.
3. Xueqin Zheng , Donghui Guo “A Novel Ride-through Control Strategy of DFIG Wind Generator under Grid Voltage Dip” Journal of Information & Computational Science 8: 3 (2011) pp 579–591.
4. Andreas Petersson “Analysis, Modeling and Control of Doubly-Fed Induction Generators for Wind Turbines” THESIS FOR THE DEGREE OF DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY.
5. Yi Wang, and Lie Xu “Control of DFIG-Based Wind Generation Systems under Unbalanced Network Supply” 2007 IEEE pp-430-435
. 6. Jun Yao, Qing Li, Zhe Chen and Aolin Liu “Coordinated Control of a DFIG-Based Wind-Power Generation System with SGSC under Distorted Grid Voltage Conditions” Energies 2013 ISSN 1996-1073 pp-2541-2561.
7. Yikang He, and Jiabing Hu DFIG Wind Power Generation Systems during Unbalanced Network Fault Analysis and Operation” IEEE pp 2331-2336.
8. Lie Xu, Senior Member, IEEE, and Yi Wang, Member, IEEE “Dynamic Modeling and Control of DFIG-Based Wind Turbines Under Unbalanced Network Conditions” IEEE Explore 2007 pp-0885-8950.
9. HU Jia-bing, HE Yi-kang, NIAN Heng” Enhanced control of DFIG-used back-to-back PWM VSC under unbalanced grid voltage conditions” Journal of Zhejiang University SCIENCE A ISSN 1673-565X (Print); ISSN 1862-1775 (Online) J Zhejiang Univ Sci A 2007 8(8):1330-1339.
10. Van-Tung Phan and Hong-Hee Lee “Enhanced ProportionalResonant Current Controller for Unbalanced Stand-alone DFIG-based Wind Turbines” Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 443~450, 2010 443.
11. Christian Wessels,, Fabian Gebhardt , and Friedrich Wilhelm Fuchs, “Fault Ride-Through of a DFIG Wind Turbine Using a Dynamic Voltage Restorer during Symmetrical and Asymmetrical Grid Faults” IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER ELECTRONICS, VOL. 26, NO. 3, MARCH 2011.pp 807-813.
12. Xinyan Zhang, Xuan Cao, Weiqing Wang, Chao Yu “Fault Ride-Through Study of Wind Turbines” Journal of Power and Energy Engineering, 2013 October, pp, 25-29.
13. V. Suresh, D. J. V Prasad “Fuzzy Logic Control of DFIG to Eliminate Unbalances in Weak Grid System” IOSR Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (IOSR-JEEE) ISSN: 2278-1676 Volume 3, Issue 1 (Nov. - Dec. 2012), PP 01-17.
14. Theodoros Vrionis” Iimplementation of intelligent control in the fault ride through of grid connected wind generators” Phd dissertation”, December 2013.
15. Jiabing Hu, Yikang He, , Lie Xu, , and Barry W. Williams “Improved Control of DFIG Systems During Network Unbalance Using PI–R Current Regulators” IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INDUSTRIAL ELECTRONICS, VOL. 56, NO. 2, FEBRUARY 2009.pp- 439-451.
16. Zaijun Wu*, Chanxia Zhu and Minqiang Hu “Improved Control Strategy for DFIG Wind Turbines for Low Voltage Ride Through”Energies 2013 ISSN 1996-1073, pp -1181- 1197.
17. Peng Zhou, Yikang He, , and Dan Sun, “Improved Direct Power Control of a DFIG Based Wind Turbine During Network Unbalance” IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER ELECTRONICS, VOL. 24, NO. 11, NOVEMBER 2009 pp-2465- 2474.
18. HU Jia-bing, HE Yi-kang‡ “Multi-frequency proportionalresonant (MFPR) current controller for PWM VSC under unbalanced supply conditions” Journal of Zhejiang University SCIENCE A ISSN 1673-565X (Print); ISSN 1862-1775 (Online) Zhejiang Univ Sci A 2007 8(10):pp-1527-1531.
19. Yi Zhou, Paul Bauer, Jan A. Ferreira and Jan Pierik” Operation of Grid-Connected DFIG under Unbalanced Grid Voltage Condition”, IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON ENERGY CONVERSION, VOL. 24, NO. 1, MARCH 2009. pp- 240-246.
20. Jia-bing HU1, Wei ZHANG‡1, Hong-sheng WANG1, Yikang HE1, Lie XU2 “Proportional integral plus multifrequency resonant current controller for grid-connected voltage source converter under imbalanced and distorted supply voltage conditions” Journal of Zhejiang University SCIENCE A ISSN 1673-565X (Print); ISSN 1862-1775 (Online) J Zhejiang Univ Sci A 2009 pp:1532-1540.
21. Yan Yan , Meng Wang , Zhan-Feng Song and Chang-Liang Xia “Proportional-Resonant Control of Doubly-Fed Induction Generator Wind Turbines for Low-Voltage RideThrough Enhancement” Energies November 2012, ISSN 1996-1073.pp 4758-4778.
22. Slavomir Seman, Student Member, IEEE, Jouko Niiranen, Senior Member, IEEE, and Antero Arkkio “Ride-Through Analysis of Doubly Fed Induction Wind-Power Generator Under Unsymmetrical Network Disturbance IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER SYSTEMS 2006 pp 1-8.
23. Jes´us L´opez, Member, IEEE, Eugenio Gub´?a, Member, IEEE, Pablo Sanchis, Member, IEEE, Xavier Roboam, Member, IEEE, and Luis Marroyo, Member, IEEE “Wind Turbines Based on Doubly Fed Induction Generator Under Asymmetrical Voltage Dips” 2008 IEEE.
24. Patrick S. Flannery, and Giri Venkataramanan, “A Fault Tolerant Doubly Fed Induction Generator Wind Turbine Using a Parallel Grid Side Rectifier and Series Grid Side Converter IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER ELECTRONICS, VOL. 23, NO. 3, MAY 2008 pp-1126-1135.
25. Sheng Hu, Xinchun Lin, Yong Kang, and Xudong Zou “An Improved Low-Voltage Ride-Through Control Strategy of Doubly Fed Induction Generator During Grid Faults” IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER ELECTRONICS, VOL.
26, NO. 12, DECEMBER 2011 pp-3653-3665. 26. Jesús López, Member, IEEE, Eugenio Gubía, Member, IEEE, Eneko Olea, Josu Ruiz, and Luis Marroyo, Member, IEEE “Ride Through of Wind Turbines With Doubly Fed Induction Generator Under Symmetrical Voltage Dips IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INDUSTRIAL ELECTRONICS, VOL. 56, NO. 10, OCTOBER 2009.pp 4246-4252.
27. Dawei Xiang, Li Ran, Member, IEEE, Peter J. Tavner, and Shunchang Yang “Control of a Doubly Fed Induction Generator in a Wind Turbine During Grid Fault Ride-Through” IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON ENERGY CONVERSION, VOL. 21, NO. 3, SEPTEMBER 2006 pp 652-662.
28. Francisco K. A. Lima, Alvaro Luna, , Pedro Rodriguez, , Edson H. Watanabe, , and Frede Blaabjerg, “Rotor Voltage Dynamics in the Doubly Fed Induction Generator During GridFaults” IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER ELECTRONICS, VOL. 25, NO. 1, JANUARY 2010 pp-118-130.
29. Lie Xu, Senior Member, IEEE “Coordinated Control of DFIG’s Rotor and Grid Side Converters During Network Unbalance IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER ELECTRONICS, VOL. 23, NO. 3, MAY 2008 pp-1041-1049.
30. Dawei Xiang, Li Ran, Peter J. Tavner, and Shunchang Yang “Control of a Doubly Fed Induction Generator in a Wind Turbine During Grid Fault Ride-Through” IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON ENERGY CONVERSION, VOL. 21, NO. 3, SEPTEMBER 2006,pp-652-662.