IJCRR - Vol 07 Issue 10, May, 2015
GENERAL DENTIST'S AWARENESS OF LASER APPLICATION IN DENTISTRY
Author: Bagheri A., Purkhamene S.
Category: General Sciences
Objective: The aim of this study was to assess the knowledge of Ardabil general dentists about Laser applications in dentistry.
Methods and Materials: This is a cross sectional descriptive study that has been done on 87 general dentistis in Ardabil city. Data collected by a questinaire and then analyzed by statistical methods in SPSS.19.
Results: Of all dentists, 82(94.3%) pointed that only have heard something about Laser. 21 (24.1%) stated that have studies about Laser. Only 2 persons (2.3%) have practical and clinical usage of this method. 60 people (69%) had willing to participate
in training courses. The relationship between gender with dentists safity awareness wasn’t significant.There are significant diffrencesin general and specializedknowledge between two gender (p=0.024, p=0.002).
Conclusion: Results showed that Ardabil general dentistis have lower awareness about laser, so raising awareness and informing about application of laser is essential.
Keywords: Awareness, General dentists, Laser, Dentistry
Bagheri A., Purkhamene S.. GENERAL DENTIST'S AWARENESS OF LASER APPLICATION IN DENTISTRY International Journal of Current Research and Review. Vol 07 Issue 10, May, 35-38
1. Cernavin I, Pugatschew A, Martin J.T. Laser applications in dentistry, A review of the literature. Aust Dent Journal. 1994 Feb; 39(1): 28-32.
2. Assunção CM, Pereira JT, Oliveira RS, Almeida R. laser versus conventional therapies. IDEA 2013;4(4):44-47.
3. Walsh LJ. The current status of laser applications in dentistry.Aust Dent J 2003 Sep; 48(3):146-55. PMID: 14640367
4. Kumar P,GuptaV,DixitA,Marwah S. Imperative role of Lasers in perspective future dental research and advancements: An Insight story. Journal of Advanced Medical and Dental Sciences Research 2014; 7(3):114-17.
5.Husein A. Applications of Lasers in Dentistry: A Review Archives of orofacial sciences 2006 Mar;1(1):1-14.
6. Walsh LJ. The current status of laser applications in dentistry.Aust Dent J. 2003 Sep;48(3):146-55; quiz 98.
7. Todea CDM. Laser applications in conservative dentistry. TMJ 2004;54(4):392-405.
8. Bagheri A, Aghajani R. Awareness rate of Rasht general dentistis about laser applications in dentistry. The 1 st laser seminar in dentistry 2010; 2:28-9.
9. Singh S, Gambhir RS, Kaur A, Singh G, Sharma S, Kakar H. Dental Lasers: A Review of Safety Essentials. J Lasers Med Sci 2012; 3(3):91-6.
10. Tosun E, Aktas A, Bayram H, YeniayO,Altay MA. AWARENESS AND ACCEPTANCE OF LASERS IN DENTISTRY IN TURKISH POPULATION. CLINICAL DENTISTRY AND RESEARCH 2013; 37(1): 30-34.