IJCRR - 7(13), July, 2015
CROWN LENGTHENING BY ORTHODONTIC FORCED ERUPTION - A CASE REPORT
Author: Maheaswari Rajendran, Jayshree Tukaram Kshirsagar, Golla Usha Rao, Hema Jane Christa
Aim: To increase the clinical crown height of the fractured tooth in the maxillary aesthetic zone for successful rehabilitation.
Objective: To utilise the orthodontic forced eruption technique in a single fractured anterior tooth to gain the required clinical crown height for ideal restoration.
Case Description: The article presents crown lengthening of a subgingivally fractured maxillary central incisor by means of orthodontic forced eruption for optimal restoration with the multi-disciplinary approach.
Conclusion: Although clinical crown lengthening can be done for subgingivally or gingivally fractured tooth with various methods, the orthodontic forced eruption technique is best suited in cases where optimal aesthetics is required.
Keywords: Crown lengthening, Biologic width, Orthodontic forced eruption, Gingivoplasty
Maheaswari Rajendran, Jayshree Tukaram Kshirsagar, Golla Usha Rao, Hema Jane Christa. CROWN LENGTHENING BY ORTHODONTIC FORCED ERUPTION - A CASE REPORT International Journal of Current Research and Review. 7(13), July, 79-83
1. Shyammohan A. Forced eruption: An adjunct to prosthodontic treatment planning. Indian J Stomatol. 2011; 2(4) : 260-62.
2. Liudvikas Planciunas, Alina Puriene, Grazina Mackeviciene. Surgical lengthening of the clinical tooth crown. Stomatologija, Baltic Dental and Maxiollofacial Journal. 2006; 8: 88-95.
3. Ayush Razdan Singh, Ruchita Verma. Crown lengthening versus forced eruption. Orthodontic Journal of Nepal .2011; 1(1) : 52- 55.
4. Marianne Ong, Shin-Chang Tseng, Hom-Lay wang. Crown Lengthening Revisited. Clinical Advances in Periodontics. 2011; 1(3).
5. CC Hung Biologic Width (III): Surgical Crown Lengthening 2012; https://hungdentalis.wordpress.com.
6. Gary Greenstein, John S Cavallaro Jr. Importance of Crown to root and Crown to Implant Ratio’s. Dent Today 2011Mar; 30(3):61-2,64,66 passim;quiz71,60. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ pubmed/21485881.
7. Monira Uddin, Natia Mosheshvili, , Stuart L Segelnick. A new appliance for Forced Eruption.NYSDJ 2006; 46-50.
8. Georgia K, Johnson, Joan E. Sivers. Forced eruption in crown lengthening procedures. J Prosthet Dent 1986;56(4):424-27.
9. Amit Smidt, Gleitman, Joseph Dekel, Mikhal Steinkeller. Forced eruption of a, solitary non-restorable tooth using mini-impants as anchorage: Rationale and Technique. Int J Prosthodont 2009; 22(5):441-446.
10. Rafael Scafde Molon, Erica Dorigatti de Avila, Joao Antonio, Chaves de Souza, Andressa Vilas Boas Nogueira, Rogerio M et al. Forced orthodontic eruption for augmentation of soft and hard tissue prior to implant placement. Contemp Clin Dent 2013; 4(2):243-47.
11. Ramya Nethravathy, Santhana Krishnan Vinoth, Ashwin Varghese Thomas. Three different surgical techniques of Crown lengthening: A comparative study. J Pharm Bioall Sci. (serial online) 2013 (cited 2014 APR 19); 5:14-6. Avail at http://www. ipbsonline.org/text.asp? 2013/5/5/14/113281.
12. Grossmann Y, Sadan A – The prosthodontic concept of crownto-root ration: A review of the literature. J Prosthet Dent 2005; 93:559-62.
13. Rob Veis. Forced eruption – Raising the root with gentle, continous force in a coronal direction. The Practice Building Bulletin 1993; 1(9) Chatsworth California.
14. Newman, Takei, Carranza. Editors. Carranza’s clinical periodontology. 11thed. New Delhi: Elsevier; 2012.
15. Jan Lindhe, Thorkild Karring, Niklaus P. Lang. Editors. Clinical Periodontology and Implant Dentistry ; 5th ed. Oxford: Blackwell Munksgaard; 2008.
16. .Ashu Sharma, G.R. Rahul, Poduval.T, Karunakar Shetty, Bhavna Gupta. Short Clinical crowns (SCC) – Treatment considerations and techniques. J ClinExp Dent 2012;4(4): e230-6.
17. Maduri R, Seshu K, Gash C.L. Multidisciplinary Management of a Fractured Premolar: A case Report with Follow up. Case Rep Dent 2012;2012:192912http://dx.doi.org/10 1155/2012/192912.
18. Kantheti Sirisha Yalawarthy N.S, Suneetha K. Management of crown root fractures : A novel technique with multidisciplinary approach. J NTR Univ Health Sci 2013; 2(1): 72-77.
19. Luis Antonio Felippe, Sylvio MonteiroJr, Luis Clovis Cardoso Vieira, EliotoAraujo, Re-establishing biologic width with forced eruption. QuitessenceInt 2003; 34(10).
20. Michael Florman, A softtissue maintenance during orthodontic treatment. www.rdhmag.com/index.html 2007; 27(10).