IJCRR - 7(20), October, 2015
STUDY OF CORONARY DOMINANCE IN THE POPULATION OF HYDERABAD KARNATAKA REGION
Author: Jaishree H., Ashwini H.
Aim: To determine the dominance pattern of coronary artery in adult human hearts of Hyderabad Karnataka region.
Materials and Method: 76 human cadaveric hearts were studied and analyzed by dissection method to know the dominance pattern of coronary artery.
Result: Out of 76 heart specimens, Right dominance was found in 63 cases (83%), left dominance in 11 cases (14.5%) and co dominance in 2 cases (2.5%).
Conclusion: In our present study right coronary artery was dominant. Knowledge of dominant pattern is significant for determining the prognosis of coronary artery disease. Hence this study was done, which would be helpful to the physicians belonging to the Hyderabad Karnataka region.
Keywords: Coronary dominance, Coronary artery disease, Posterior interventricular artery
Jaishree H., Ashwini H.. STUDY OF CORONARY DOMINANCE IN THE POPULATION OF HYDERABAD KARNATAKA REGION International Journal of Current Research and Review. 7(20), October, 06-08
1. Schlesinger, M. J. Relation of the anatomic pattern to pathologic conditions of the coronary arteries. Arch.Pathol.30:443, 1938.
2. Ayer AA, Rao YG. A radiographic investigation of coronary arterial pattern in human hearts. J Anat Soci India. Jun 1957; 6(1) 63-67.
3. Subhash D Joshi, Sharda S Joshi et al. Origins of the coronary arteries and their significance. Clinics 2010; 65 (1):79-84.
4. Dr. Hussein Ali Fakhir, Pattern of coronary artery dominancy by coronary angiography in Iraqi patients and the relationship with coronary artery disease. Journal of college of education 2012; 3(2):180-189.
5. Fazliogullari Z et al. Coronary artery variations and median artery in Turkish cadaver hearts. Singapore Med J 2010; 51(10) : 775.
6. Fazlul Aziz Main et al. Coronary Artery Dominance: What pattern exists in Pakistani Population? Annals of Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences 2011; 7(1): 3-5.
7. Jose Roberto Ortale et al. The posterior ventricular branches of the coronary arteries in human artery. Arquivos Brasileiros de Cardiologia 2004; 82(5):468-471.
8. Madiha Awad El Sayed. Anatomical study of right coronary artery with special reference to its interventricular branch. Alexandria faculty of medicine 2008, vol.44 (2); 536-547.
9. Hirak Das, Geeta Das et al. A study of coronary dominance in the population of Assam. Journal of Anatomical Society of India 2010; 59 (2): 187-91.
10. Vasudeva Reddy J, Lokanadham S. Coronary Dominance in South Indian Population. Int J Med Res Health Sci.2013; 2(1):78-82.
11. Kumar Keshaw. Coronary arterial pattern and coronary heart disease. Anatomica Karnataka 2008; 3 (2): 27-34.
12. Nisha I. Parikh, Emily F. Honeycutt, Matthew T. Roe et al. Coronary Artery dominance and death in Acute Coronary Syndromes. Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes, journal of American heart association November 2012(5) p1-7.