IJCRR - Vol 07 Issue 22, November, 2015
SAAS EXPLOSION LEADING TO A NEW PHASE OF A LEARNING MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Author: R. Gurunath, K. R. Anil Kumar
Cloud computing is still a baby having compound eyes with omnidirectional vision. It is slowly embracing all possible sectors and eLearning technology gaining more benefit out of it. The essential characteristic of cloud computing is easy and timely access to the required information. Education has seen a lot of changes from the ancient Gurukula stage where students had to go to the master for a particular period of time to study and to complete their learning. As the time pass by the learning became
central many big educational systems evolved through Schools, Colleges and Universities, to impart knowledge. These learning centers offered face-to-face learning. Even further blended learning helped student understand, innovate, and implement faster. With the advent of Learning Management Systems teaching and learning becomes effortless. A distinct stage of development in the field of LMS is Cloud-based LMS wherein time is not at all a constraint. This paper covers interesting aspects of E-learning- Cloud/SaaS LMS, different standards pertaining to LMS, and types of LMS. The authors analyze the case studies of MOODLE, BLACKBOARD and SaaS-based LMS and a comparison of SaaS vs. Installed LMS’s.
Keywords: SCORM, AICC, IMS GLOBAL, IEEE, MOODLE, BLACKBOARD, TALENTLMS, HACP, Tin Can, G-Cube
R. Gurunath, K. R. Anil Kumar. SAAS EXPLOSION LEADING TO A NEW PHASE OF A LEARNING MANAGEMENT SYSTEM International Journal of Current Research and Review. Vol 07 Issue 22, November, 62-66
1. Julie Voce, Joe Nicholls, Elaine Swift, Jebar Ahmed, Sarah Horrigan and Phil Vincent, 2014, “2014 Survey of Technology Enhanced Learning for higher education in the UK”. UCISA Richard Walker.
2. Bersin, Josh., 2015, “Talent Management Software Market Surges Ahead”. Forbes. Forbes. Retrieved 13 April 2015.
3. E-Learning India, 2014, “SCORM and AICC – A Comparison”, E-Learning Articles.
5. Stephanie Miles. 2013, “Cloud-Based Learning Management Systems”, GetApp.
6. Yefim Kats, 2013, “Learning Management Systems and Instructional Design: Best Practices in Online Education”, Idea Group Inc.
7. Arunima Majumdar,2014, “Benefits of the Cloud LMS – Is it the future of Learning Management Systems?”, G-Cube.
8. Henson Gawliu Jr, 2014, “Cloud-based LMS - 4 Reasons Why is it Important?”, LITMOS.
9. Brian Westfall, 2015, “LMS Buyer’s view” , Software Advice.
10. Gauri Reyes, 2015, “Uncovering the Full Advantages of CloudBased Learning Solutions”, MindFlash.