IJCRR - 7(24), December, 2015
CONSTRUCTION AND ANALYSIS OF MYOPATHY AND PARKINSON DISEASE PROTEIN NETWORK
Author: Sachin Rahangdale, Shobha Shouche, Ravikant Yadav, Harshad Sharma, Ankit Kumar Jain
Neurological Disorders are diseases of the central and peripheral nervous system. The disorders Parkinson’s disease and myopathy are the traumatic disorders of the nervous system. The myopathies are neuromuscular disorders in which the primary symptom is muscle weakness due to dysfunction of muscle fiber and Parkinson’s disease (PD) belongs to a group of conditions called motor system disorders, which are the result of the loss of dopamine-producing brain cells. Biological network is a network that applies to the biological system. These networks are widely used in many branches of biology as convenient representation of patterns of interaction between appropriate biological elements.Proteins-protein interaction (PPIs) in a cell form protein interaction networks (PINs) where proteins are nodes and their interaction are edges. In the present work we will investigate the network properties of proteins in disease protein-protein interaction network framework and identify common proteins between myopathy and Parkinson diseases.
Keywords: Framework, Interaction, Network, Edges, Neuromuscular
Sachin Rahangdale, Shobha Shouche, Ravikant Yadav, Harshad Sharma, Ankit Kumar Jain. CONSTRUCTION AND ANALYSIS OF MYOPATHY AND PARKINSON DISEASE PROTEIN NETWORK International Journal of Current Research and Review. 7(24), December, 43-47
1. Jiang Q., Wang Y., Hao Y., Juan L., Teng M., Zhang X., Li M., Wang G., Liu Y., (2009) miR2Disease: a manually curated database for microRNA deregulation in human disease. Nucleic Acids Res 37:D98-104.
2. Hsu SD, Lin FM, Wu WY, Liang C, Huang WC, Chan WL, Tsai WT, Chen GZ, Lee CJ, Chiu CM, Chien CH, Wu MC, Huang CY, Tsou AP, Huang HD. miRTarBase: a database curates experimentally validated microRNA-target interactions. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011 Jan;39(Database issue):D163-9. Epub 2010 Nov 10.
3. Dweep H, Sticht C, Pandey P, Gretz N. miRWalk--database: prediction of possible miRNA binding sites by “walking” the genes of three genomes.J Biomed Inform. 2011 Oct;44(5):839- 47. Epub 2011 May 14.
4. Xiao F, Zuo Z, Cai G, Kang S, Gao X, Li T. miRecords: an integrated resource for microRNA-target interactions. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009 Jan;37(Database issue):D105-10. Epub 2008 Nov 7
5. Barh D, Bhat D, Viero C. miReg: a resource for microRNA regulation. J Integr Bioinform. 2010 Aug 6;7(1). doi: 10.2390/ biecoll-jib-2010-144.
6. Huang DW, Sherman BT, Lempicki RA. Systematic and integrative analysis of large gene lists using DAVID Bioinformatics Resources. Nature Protoc. 2009;4(1):44-57
7. Chen J, Bardes EE, Aronow BJ, Jegga AG. ToppGene Suite for gene list enrichment analysis and candidate gene prioritization. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009 Jul;37(Web Server issue):W305-11. Epub 2009 May 22.
8. Breitkreutz BJ, Stark C, Tyers M. Osprey: a network visualization system. Genome Biol. 2003;4(3):R22. Epub 2003 Feb 27.
9. Hu Z, Hung JH, Wang Y, Chang YC, Huang CL, Huyck M, DeLisi C. VisANT 3.5: multi-scale network visualization, analysis and inference based on the gene ontology. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009 Jul;37(Web Server issue):W115-21. Epub 2009 May 21.
10. Debmalya Barh1*, Neha Jain 1, 2, Triantafillos Liloglou3, Cedric vireo4, Kenneth Blum1,5, Vasco Azevedo6, Anil Kumar2, John K. Field3Identification of early biomarkers and molecular events in lung cancer using a novel reverse-transcriptomics approach.
11. National institute of Neurological Disorders and National Stroke, http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/myopathy/myopathy.htm
12. Parkinson’s Disease Foundation,http://www.pdf.org/about_pd http://www.ucsfhealth.org/conditions/neurological_disorders
14. M. E. J. Newman, Networks: An Introduction, Oxford University Press, Oxford(2010). ISBN 0-19-920665-1