IJCRR - Vol 08 Issue 01, January, 2016
RETROSPECTIVE ANALYSIS OF CHOLECYSTECTOMY PERFORMED IN AN INSTITUTION FOR LOWER SOCIOECONOMIC POPULATION IN INDIA
Author: Tanweer Karim, Subhajeet Dey, Rabishankar Singh, Vivek K. Katiyar
Keywords: Laparoscopic cholecystectomy, Open cholecystectomy, Cholelithiasis, Obstructive jaundice, Pancreatitis
Tanweer Karim, Subhajeet Dey, Rabishankar Singh, Vivek K. Katiyar. RETROSPECTIVE ANALYSIS OF CHOLECYSTECTOMY PERFORMED IN AN INSTITUTION FOR LOWER SOCIOECONOMIC POPULATION IN INDIA International Journal of Current Research and Review. Vol 08 Issue 01, January, 01-05
1. Mouret P. From the first laparoscopic cholecystectomy to frontiers of laparoscopic surgery; the future perspective. Dig Surg. 1991;8:124–125
2. Ellis H. John Stough Bobbs: father of gall bladder surgery. British journal of hospital medicine London England 2005. 2009;70(11):650.
3. Traverso LW. Carl Langenbuch and the first cholecystectomy. [Internet]. American journal of surgery. 1976. p. 81–2.
4. Paulino-Netto A. A review of 391 selected open cholecystectomies for comparison with laparoscopic cholecystectomy. American journal of surgery. 1993; 166 (1):71–3.
5. Cheslyn-Curtis S, Russell RC. New trends in gallstone management. The British journal of surgery. 1991;78(2):143–9.
6. Villanova N, Bazzoli F, Taroni F, Frabboni R, Mazzella G, Festi D, et al. Gallstone recurrence after successful oral bile acid treatment. A 12-year follow-up study and evaluation of long-term post dissolution treatment. Gastroenterology. 1989;97(3):726– 31.
7. Escarce JJ, Chen W, Schwartz JS. Falling cholecystectomy thresholds since the introduction of laparoscopic cholecystectomy. JAMA 1996;91(20):2653–4.
8. McSherry CK, Ferstenberg H, Calhoun WF, Lahman E, Virshup M. The natural history of diagnosed gallstone disease in symptomatic and asymptomatic patients. Annals of Surgery. 1985;202(1):59–63.
9. Lam CM, Murray FE, Cuschieri A. Increased cholecystectomy rate after the introduction of laparoscopic cholecystectomy in Scotland. Gut. 1996;38(2):282–4.
10. Jani K, Rajan PS, Sendhilkumar K, Palanivelu C. Twenty years after Erich Muhe: Persisting controversies with the gold standard of laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Journal of Minimal Access Surgery; 2006;2(2):49–58. A
11. Thompson JS, Philben VJ, Hodgson PE. Operative management of incidental cholelithiasis. American journal of surgery. 1984;148(6):821–4.
12. Alponat A, Kum CK, Koh BC, Rajnakova A, Goh PM. Predictive factors for conversion of laparoscopic cholecystectomy. American journal of surgery 2002;21(3):254–8.
13. Domínguez LC, Rivera A, Bermúdez C, Herrera W. Analysis of factors for conversion of laparoscopic to open cholecystectomy: a prospective study of 703 patients with acute cholecystitis. Cirugia Espanola. 2011;89(5):300–6.
14. Barone JE, Lincer RM. Correction: A prospective analysis of 1518 laparoscopic cholecystectomies. The New England Journal of Medicine. 1991. p. 1517–8.
15. Kane RL, Lurie N, Borbas C, Morris N, Flood S, McLaughlin B, et al. The outcomes of elective laparoscopic and open cholecystectomies. Journal of the American College of Surgeons. 1995. p. 222–3.