IJCRR - Vol 08 Issue 05, March, 2016
CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT LESSONS FROM FACEBOOK
Author: Jayaprakash Jala, Karthik Sistla, Neethu Mary Mathews
Facebook from its origins in 2004, has had an increasing influence in people’s life. Considering this increase it is important to note that there are features that could be adapted from Facebook which could be of use in a classroom setting. The paper discusses how in a classroom dialogues need to be encouraged while keeping an open mind to ideas from the students, the ability to be more sensitive to the students and their personal life, integration of students irrespective of their differences as a whole unit, about providing a safe environment that nurtures and encourages growth in the students and finally about opening up the classroom beyond the traditional 4 walls and welcoming technology to aid in teaching.
Keywords: Facebook, Classroom management, Technology
Jayaprakash Jala, Karthik Sistla, Neethu Mary Mathews. CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT LESSONS FROM FACEBOOK International Journal of Current Research and Review. Vol 08 Issue 05, March, 37-41
1. Evans, C. R. (1991). Group Cohesion and Perfomance A MetaAnalysis. Small Group Research , 175-186.
2. H.A.Ruff, and K.R.Lawson. (1990). Dention eveelopment of sustained, focused attention in young children during free play. Developmental Psychology , 85-93.
3. Hjelle, L. A., and Ziegler, D. J. (1992). Personlaity Theories. Basic Assumptions, Research and Applications. Singapore: McGraw Hill Inc.
4. Renart, L. (2013). Classroom Management Techniques. ELT Journals, 378-379.
5. Wilson, R. E., Gosling, S. D., and Graham, L. D. (2012). A Review of Facebook Research in the Social Sciences. A Journal of the Association for Psychological Science, 203-220.
6. Brenton.J.Underwood. Memory and Psychology http://britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/374487/memory (23-08-2015)
7. Picture Superiority Effect.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/picture_ superiority_effect (20-08-2015)
8. 25 Amazing facts about Facebook http://searchenginejournal. com/25-amazing-facts-facebook/88733/ (13-08-2015)
9. Statistic Brain Research Institute, Facebook Statistics http:// statisticbrain.com/facebook-statistics/ (12-08-2015)
10. Facebook, 10 years of technology in Numbers http://theguardian.com/news/datablog/2014/feb/04/facebook-in-numbers-statistics (13-08-2015)
11. How to Mind Map http://thinkbuzan.com/how-to-mind-map/ (23-08-2015)
12. Facebook statistics http://expandedramblings.com/index.php/by-the-numbers-17-amazing-facebook-stats- (24-08-2015)
13. Community Update www.facebook.com/markzuckerberg (22- 08-2015)