IJCRR - 5(2), January, 2013
EVALUATION OF INTERLEUKIN-1 IN PATIENTS WITH ORAL SQUAMOUS CELL CARCINOMA AS A MARKER OF PERIODONTITIS
Author: Uma Sudhakar, Akila Sivaranjani, Manoj Chand Dayan
Category: General Sciences
New insight regarding the etiology as well as the strategies for prevention of oral cancer is needed. This study was carried out in the Department of Periodontics Thai moogambigai dental college, Chennai and Department of Oncology Apollo Research institute Chennai. Study reveals that there was a significant increase in the level of IL-1 in patients with carcinoma and chronic periodontits.
Uma Sudhakar, Akila Sivaranjani, Manoj Chand Dayan. EVALUATION OF INTERLEUKIN-1 IN PATIENTS WITH ORAL SQUAMOUS CELL CARCINOMA AS A MARKER OF PERIODONTITIS International Journal of Current Research and Review. 5(2), January, 38-41
1. Canto MT, Devesa SS.Oral cavity and pharynx cancer incidence rates in United States 1975-1998.Oral oncology 2002; 38: 610-617.
2. Karin M, Lawrence T, Nizet V, Innate immunity gone away:linking microbial infection to chronic inflammation and cancer.Cell.2006;124:823-835.
3. Mine Tezal, Mayreen A, Sullivan, Andrew Hyland et al, Chronic periodontitis and the head and neck squamous cell carcinoma, Cancer epidemiology biomarkers prevention 2009;18(9) September 2009.
4. Champagne CME,Buchanan W,Reddy MS,Pressier JS,Beck JD,Offenbaxher S.Potential for gingival crevice fluid measures as predictors of risk of periodontal disease.Periodontal 2000,2003;31:167-80.
5. Loesche WJ, Grossman NS,Periodontal diseases as a specific,albeit chronic infection :diagnosis and treatment .Clinical microbiology Rev 2001;14:727-752.
6. E.Gemmell and GJ.Seymour, cytokine profiles of extracted from humans with periodontal diseases; J Dental Research 77(1):16-26,January 1998.
7. Cytokine profiles of cells extracted from humans with periodontal diseases,E.Gemmel and G.J.Seymour,J Dent Res 77(1):16-26.
8. Horimia M,Willberg J,Ruokonen H,Syrjanen S,Marginal periodontium as a potential reservoir of human papilloma virus in oral mucosa.J Periodontal.2005;76(3):358-363.
9. SaygunI,Kubar A,Ozdemir A,et al Periodontitis lesions are source of cytomegalovirus and Epstein Barr Virus .J.Periodontal Res.2005;40:187-191.
10. Tezal M, Grossi SG, Genco RJ, Is Periodontitis associated with oral neoplasms?J Periodontology 2005:76:406- 10.
11. Chronic periodontitis and risk of tongue cancer Mine Tezal, DDS, Phd ;MaureenA.Sullaivan, DDS; Mary E.et al; Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2007; 133: 450-454.
Chi-square test was used to assess the P-value.