IJCRR - 5(7), April, 2013
INVESTIGATING THE EFFECTS OF DEMOGRAPHICS ON CUSTOMER ACCEPTANCE OF eBANKING IN DERA ISMIL KHAN, KPK, PAKISTAN: A SURVEY OF SAMPLE CLIENTELE
Author: Muhammad Siddique, Afia Saadat
Category: General Sciences
eBanking and iBanking are the buzzwords among internet-savvy population of the world. It is happening not only in the advanced countries but also in the developing states like Pakistan. This is because on one hand the Information and Communication Technologies have become accessible both in terms of availability and prices and on the other hand due to the emergence of local Information technology professionals equipped with knowledge and command over the leading-edge technologies. However, research on the implementation of Information technology in the banking sector reports that the process is not automatic rather requires multi-disciplinary treatment with keeping the issues of customer acceptance on top. The customers of every state and city are different not only because of getting different eBanking digital facilities (digital-divide) but also due to the fact that every customer is demographically different from others. This research is about the effects of demographics on Customer Acceptance in Pakistan. The literature from developed states and developing states, including Pakistan has been analyzed to understand the problem and to develop a research model for testing in the native environment.
Keywords: Customer acceptance, Demographics, eBanking, iBanking, ICTs, Internet.
Muhammad Siddique, Afia Saadat. INVESTIGATING THE EFFECTS OF DEMOGRAPHICS ON CUSTOMER ACCEPTANCE OF eBANKING IN DERA ISMIL KHAN, KPK, PAKISTAN: A SURVEY OF SAMPLE CLIENTELE International Journal of Current Research and Review. 5(7), April, 09-16
1. Adesina, A.A. and Ayo, C.K. (2010). An Empirical Investigation of the Level of Users? Acceptance of E Banking in Nigeria. Journal of Internet Banking and Commerce, 15(1). Retrieved June 18, 2011, from http://eprints.covenantuniversity.edu.ng/83 /1/Adesina.pdf.
2. Ahmad, A.M.K. and Al zu?bi, H.A. (2011). E banking Functionality and Outcomes of Customer Satisfaction: An Empirical Investigation. International Journal of Marketing Studies, 3(1): 50 65. Retrieved September 10, 2011, from http://www.ccsenet.org/ journal/index.php/ijms/article/view/9273/6838
3. Alam, S.S. Musa, R. and Hassan, F. (2009). Corporate Customers? Adoption of Internet Banking: Case of Klang Valley Business Firm in Malaysia. International Journal of Business and Management, 4(4): 1 21. Retrieved September 29, 2010, from http://www. ccsenet.org/journal/index.php/ijbm/article/view/ 1126/1076
4. Al Mudimigh, A. S. (2007). Business Strategy in an Online Banking Services: A Case Study. Journal of Internet Banking and Commerce, 12 (1): 1 8. Retrieved August 11, 2011 from http://www.arraydev.com/commerce/jibc/2007 04/abdullahfinal pdfversion. pdf
5. Amin, H. and Ramayah, T. (2010). SMS banking: explaining the effects of attitude, social norms and perceived security and privacy. Electronic Journal of Information Systems in Developing Countries, 41(2):1 15. Retrieved June 26, 2011, from http://www.ejisdc.org/ ojs2.../index.php/ejisdc/article/view/638/315
6. Babbie, E. (1993). The practice of social research. 7 th ed. Wordsworth Publishing Co.
7. Banan, M.R. (2010). banking and Managerial Challenges. Georgian Electronic Scientific Journal: Computer Science and Telecommunications, 1(24): 13 23.
8. Chau, P.Y.K. and Lai, V.S.K. (2003). An Empirical Investigation of the Determinants of User Acceptance of Internet Banking. Journal of Organizational Computing and Electronic Commerce, 13(2): 123 145. Retrieved October 21, 2010, from http://hub.hku. hk/bitstream/ 10722/43542/1/81747.pdf
9. Comptroller. (1999). Internet Banking: Comptroller?s Handbook. Comptroller of the Currency Administrator of National Banks. Accessed on 10 June 2010. Retrieved October 21, 2010, from http://www.occ.treas.gov/publications/publicati ons by type/ comptrollers andbook/intbank.pdf.
10. Daniel, E. (1999). Provision of electronic banking in the UK and the Republic of Ireland. International Journal of Bank Marketing, 17 (2):72 82. Retrieved June 19, 2010, from http://ce.sharif.ir/courses/86 /1/ce428/resources/root/ebanking%20service% 20quality/ 2.pdf
11. Floh, A. and Treiblmaier, H. (2006). What keeps the e banking Customer Loyal? A Multi group Analysis of the Moderating Role of Consumer Characteristics on e loyalty in the Financial Service Industry. Journal of Electronic Commerce Research, 7(2). Accessed on 10 June 2010. Available at: http://www.csulb.edu/web/journals/jecr/issues /20062/paper4 .pdf
12. Goldfinger, C. and Perrin, J.C. (2001). E Finance and Small and Medium Size Enterprises (SMEs) in Developing and Transition Economies. UNCTAD Expert Meeting “Improving Competitiveness of SMEs in Developing Countries: Role of Finance Including E Finance to Enhance Enterprise Development”, Palais des Nations, Geneva, October 22 24, 2001. Retrieved August 25, 2010, from http://www.unctad.org/en/docs/posdtem48.en.p df
13. Goode, WJ. And PK. Hatt (1952). Methods in social research. McGraw Hill.
14. Hertzum, Morten., Jørgensen, Niels. and Nørgaard, Mie. (2004). Usable Security and E Banking: Ease of Use vis vis Security. Australasian Journal of Information Systems, 11, special issue (2004): 52 65. Retrieved June 10, 2010, from http://dl.acs.org.au/index. php /ajis/article/view/124/103
15. Jahangir, N. and Begum, N. (2008). The Role of Perceived Usefulness, Perceived Ease of Use, Security and Privacy, and Customer Attitude to Engender Customer Adaptation in the Context of Electronic Banking. African Journal of Business Management, 2 (1): 32 40. Retrieved October 22, 2010, from http://www.academicjournals.org/AJBM
16. Mashadi, M.M. Tofighi, M. Nasserzadeh, M.R. and Mashadi, M.M. (2007). Determinants of E Banking Adoption: The Case of E Banking Services in Tehran. IADIS International Conference e Society 2007: 320 324. Retrieed October 23, 2010, from http://www.iadis. net /dl/final_uploads/200703C042.pdf
17. Padachi, K. Rojid, S. and Seetanah, B. (2007). Analyzing the Factors that Influence the Adoption of Internet Banking in Mauritius. Proceedings of the 2007 Computer Science and IT Education Conference: 559 574. Retrieved June 10, 2010, from http://csited.org /2007 /72PadaCSITEd.pdf
18. Ramayah, T. Jantan, M. Noor, M.N.M. and Ling, K.P. (2003). Receptiveness of Internet Banking by Malaysian Consumers: The Case of Penang. Asian Academy of Management Journal, 8 (2): –29. Retrieved July 13, 2011 from http://web.usm.my/aamj/8.2.2003 /AAMJ%208 1.pdf
19. Sekaran, U. (1999). Research Methods for Business: A Skill building Approach. 3rd ed. John Wiley and Sons.
20. Shih, Ya Yueh (2007). The Study of Customer Attitude toward Internet Banking Based on the Theory of Planned Behavior. This research was supported in part by the National Science Council of the Republic of China under the grant NSC 94 2416 159 004 and NSC 95 2416 216 009. Retrieved June 9, 2010, from http://ibacnet.org/bai2007/ proceedings /Papers/2007bai7536.pdf
21. Singh, S. Chhatwal, S.S. Yahyabhoy, T.M. and Heng, Y.C. (2002). Dynamics of Innovation in Banking. ECIS 2002, June 6–8, Gda?sk, Poland: 1527 1537.
22. Suh, B. and Han, I. (2002). Effect of Trust on Customer Acceptance of Internet Banking. Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, volume 1: 247–263. Retrieved March 27, 2011, from http://business.kaist.ac.kr/re_center/fulltext/200 2/2002 051.pdf
23. Tat, H.H. Nor, K.M. Yang, E.T. Hney, K.J. Ming, L.Y. and Yong, T.L. (2008). Predictors of Intention to Continue Using Internet Banking Services: An Empirical Study of Current Users. International Journal of Business and Information, 3 (2): 233 244.
24. Wahab, S. Noor, N.A.M. and Ali, J. (2009).Technology Trust and E Banking Adoption: The Mediating Effect of Customer Relationship Management Performance. The Asian Journal of Technology Management, 2 (2): 1 10. Retrieved September 18, 2011, from
25. Yang, J. and Ahmed, K.T. (2009). Recent Trends and Developments in E banking in an Underdeveloped Nation – An Empirical Study. International Journal of Electronic Finance, 3 (2): 115 132. Retrieved December 13, 2010, from http://hercules.gcsu.edu / ~jyang /Publica