IJCRR - 5(11), June, 2013
MASSIVE HEMOPERITONEUM SECONDARY TO CORPUS LUTEAL CYST RUPTURE WITH NODULAR HEPATIC CIRRHOSIS- INTRAOPERATIVE DIAGNOSIS- CASE REPORT
Author: Nayak Samir R., Kasimbi G., Soren K. Dilip, Aswini V., Rao Bhaskara Ganni
Rupture of an ovarian cyst is a common occurrence in women of reproductive age. Bleeding from ruptured corpus luteum may vary from mild hemorrhage to massive hemoperitoenum leading to shock necessating urgent surgical intervention. We present a 21 year female admitted with gross pallor, fainting attacks, abdominal distension .she had 6 weeks history of amenorrhoea.Clinically and sonologically the patient was diagnosed as ruptured ectopic pregnancy with massive hemoperitoneum but urine pregnancy test was negative. The laparoscopy revealed gross hemoperitoneum, ruptured left ovarian cyst with grossly nodular cirrhotic liver. There was no prior history or treatment suggestive of hepatic cirrhosis. The massive hemoperitoneum from luteal cyst rupture was secondary to deranged coagulation mechanism due to nodular cirrhotic liver. The laparoscopic procedure recorded, the journals regarding the topic searched and reviewed.
Keywords: Corpus luteal cyst, hemoperitoneum, cirrhotic liver
Nayak Samir R., Kasimbi G., Soren K. Dilip, Aswini V., Rao Bhaskara Ganni. MASSIVE HEMOPERITONEUM SECONDARY TO CORPUS LUTEAL CYST RUPTURE WITH NODULAR HEPATIC CIRRHOSIS- INTRAOPERATIVE DIAGNOSIS- CASE REPORT International Journal of Current Research and Review. 5(11), June, 118-122
1. Hallatt JG, Steele CH Jr, Snyder M. Ruptured corpusluteal cyst with Hemoperitoneum: A study of 173 surgical cases. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1984 May 1;149(1):5-9
2. Sivanesaratnam V , Singh A, Rachagan SP, Raman S.Intraperitoneal hemorrhage from a ruptured corpus luteum. A cause of acute abdomen. In women med J Aust. 1986 APR 14:144(8):411-4
3. Aggarwala Anjal,Goel Poonam,Wanchu Madhavi,Malhotra Rimpy,Malhotra sarala.Ruptured corpus luteum with hemoperitoneum.Journal obst and gynaecology india 2004:54:488-90
4. Yi-An A,Gino Farina, halene Lhamon.Ruptured ectopic pregnancy with a negative urine pregnancy test. The journal of urgent care medicine 2007:26-28
5. Lawrence A Cicchiello, Ulrike M Hamper, Leslie M Scoutt ultrasound evaluation of gynecologic causes of pelvic pain. Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am 2011 Mar ;38 (1):85-114, Teng SW, Tseng JY, Chang CK, Li CT, Chen YJ, Wang PH Comparison of laparoscopy and laparotomy in managing hemodynamically
6. stable patients with ruptured corpus luteum with hemoperitoneum. J Am Assoc Gynecol laparoscope 2003 Nov;10(4):474-7
7. Muller CH, Zimmermann K, Bettex HJ. Near-fatal intra-abdominal bleeding from a ruptured follicle during thrombolytic therapy. Lancet Jun 15 1996;347(9016):1697. [Medline].
8. Gupta N, Dadhwal V, Deka D, Jain SK, Mittal S. Corpus luteum hemorrhage: rare complication of congenital and acquired coagulation abnormalities. J Obstet Gynaecol Res Jun 2007;33(3):376- 80.[Medline].
9. V. Andikyan, J. Ronald, C. Bowers. Massive hemoperitoneum secondary to ruptured corpus luteum cyst of pregnancy in 17-year old female with Hemoglobin SC disease. The Internet Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics 2010;12 Number 2:351
10. Fraley DS, Johnston JR, Bruns FJ, Adler S, Segel DP. Rupture of ovarian cyst: massive hemoperitoneum in continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis patients: diagnosis and treatment.Am J Kidney Dis. 1988 Jul;12(1):69-71.
11. Ahmadhameed, Samina Naeem, A. Saeed Shaikah Irfan Khursheed,Ambreen Hamid,I.A Naveed. An Assessment Of Coagulation Parameters In Liver Cirrhosis medica/Biomedica