IJCRR - Vol 05 Issue 12, June, 2013
EFFECT OF SOLID CONTAMINATION IN BALL BEARINGS- A REVIEW
Author: Gagan Singotia, A.K. Jain
This paper presents the study of literature on solid contamination in ball bearing. Review includes experimental, analytical, and numerical and software based analysis. Effect of contamination on the performance of ball bearing due to solid particle of different material is the main study parameter. Most of the researchers study the dynamic behavior of ball bearing. An exhaustive review shows that the viscosity is also a major factor to effect bearing performance at high speed.
Keywords: ball bearing, solid contamination, materials
Gagan Singotia, A.K. Jain. EFFECT OF SOLID CONTAMINATION IN BALL BEARINGS- A REVIEW International Journal of Current Research and Review. Vol 05 Issue 12, June, 119-124
1. Maru MM, Serrato-Castillo RS, Padovese LR., “Influence of oil contamination on vibration and wear in ball and roller bearings”. Ind Lubr Tribol (30): 2007.
2. MM.Maru,R.S.Castiallo,L.R.Padovese, “Study of solid contamination in ball bearing through vibration and wear analyses”, (2006).
3. R. Serrato, M.M. Maru, L.R. Padovese, “Effect of lubricant viscosity grade on mechanical vibration of roller bearings”, Tribology International 40 (2007) 1270– 1275.
4. SKF General Catalogue 6000 EN, November (2005).
5. CousseauT.,Grac-a B.,Campos A., SeabraJ. “Experimental measuring procedure forth friction torque in rolling bearings”. Lubrication Science, press, 2004 doi:10.1002/ls.115.
6. GoldP, SchmidtA, DickeH,LoosJ ,AssmannC. “Viscosity–pressure– temperature behaviour of mineral and synthetic oils”.Journal of Synthetic Lubrication 2001;18(1):51–79.
7. Hamrock BJ,DowsonD. “Ball bearing lubrication, the elastic hydrodynamics of elliptical contacts”.John WileyandSons; 1981.
8. Espejel G. “Using affrication models engineering tool”. Evolution SKF 2006; 06(2):27–30.
9. Qijun L., Shima M., Yamamoto T. and Sato J. “Fretting wear of ball bearing” (Part 4). Tribologists, 1995, 40(4), 1029–1037. 778
10. Maru MM, Serrato-Castillo R, Padovese LR. “Detection of solid contamination in rolling bearing operation through mechanical signature analysis”. Twelfth international congress on sound and vibration, 11–14 July 2005, Lisbon, Portugal.
11. Carver RE. “Procedures in sedimentary petrology”. New York: Wiley; 1971.
12. Serrato-Castillo R, Maru MM, Padovese LR. “Effect of lubricant oil viscosity and contamination on the mechanical signature of roller bearings”. Twelfth international congress on sound and vibration, 11–14 July 2005, Lisbon, Portugal.
13. Hampshire JM, Nash JV, Hollox GE. “Materials evaluation by flat washer testing. In: Hoo JJ, editor, Rolling contact fatigue testing of bearing steels ASTM STP 771”. American Society for Testing and Materials, 1982. p. 46–66.
14. Jonhston GB, Andersson T, Amerogen E, Voskamp A. “Experience of element and full-bearing testing of materials over several years”. In: Hoo JJ, editor, “Rolling contact fatigue testing of bearing steels, ASTM STP 771”. American Society for Testing and Materials, 1982.